Best Online Marketing Tools
The best online marketing tools are generally paid for. The way to think about this is to assess how much your time is worth.
If you have your own business and are busy then you either need to hire someone to do online marketing for you in which case you need to assess how much of that person’s time you will save by supplying them with the right tools.
The same goes for hiring a company to do the online work. You would assess if what you are paying for will ultimately save you money (by producing more customers).
Some of the best online marketing tools for small business are also tools we use ourselves, which is the best recommendation we can give.
- Get Response – this is an email marketing tool that every small business owner should think about signing up for. Building an email list by providing a regular newsletter, perhaps giving something away to encourage customers or visitors to sign up, is an excellent way of getting future business without expensive paid ads. Get Response is one of the best, even offering a feature to allow you to have a customer survey which saves additional expensive software services.
- D9 web hosting – having tried several web hosting companies we eventually settled on the one that had the best and most responsive customer service. D9 know online marketing and their hosting is flexible enough to allow the software tools you need to run without problems and if ever there are any issues they are very quick to respond and help you put it right.
- Clicky tracking – Although we also use the free Google Analytics and Google Webmasters we also stay subscribed to Clicky. It offers a very thorough analysis of your traffic and having all your websites in one place is also useful. May not be as necessary for an individual business but an agency would find it very useful.
- P1 Targeting App – You can use Google Planner to do keyword analysis and it is very good. However if you have to do a lot of this, for examply as an online marketing agency, then P1 Targeting App is the best tool we have found for quickly finding all the useful keyword phrases you want to target. it gives searches, competition strength and a unique measure called ‘profitability’ to help you decide on the best keywors to use. We use it all the time. It pulls in data from Google but is much easier and quicker to use.
Free Online Marketing Tools For Small Business
There are some good free online marketing tools and techniques available starting with the tools Google provides:
- Google Analytics – analyses your website visitors and gives a lot of information including geographic location and what device they found your site from, useful for seeing how much mobile traffic you get.
- Google Webmasters – This is the tool for checking website errors and also submitting your site to Google through a sitemap or individual pages.
- Bing Webmasters – Similar to above but ensures your website meets Bing’s rules and means your site is more likely to be ranked by Bing.